The most recent edition of Linda Nilson’s book, Teaching at Its Best: A Research-Based Resource for College Instructors, provides some helpful guidance for managing the 21st-century classroom. The following are some topics you’ll find in the table of contents:
- Understanding Your Students and How They learn
- Outcomes-Centered Course Design
- Building Critical Thinking into a Course Design
- Deciding What Technology to Use
- Copyright Guidelines for Instructors
- Creating a Welcoming Classroom
- Enhancing Student Motivation
- Preventing and Responding to Classroom Incivility
- Preserving Academic Integrity
- Managing Productive Groups
This book covers these topics succinctly, yet comprehensively.
I’ve linked to the Ryerson Library catalogue, so you can access the book using your own account.